I usually end my days with a cup of tea and a good book. After what are usually days filled with a blend of good, bad and just plain chaotic, it’s always pacifying to look forward to my nights for that reason.
When we look back at our years in life, I bet you can think of a book that will instantly transport you back to a moment in time.
Take a walk down memory lane with me…
Do any of these look familiar to you?
What memories these bring just by looking at the cover of each book.
Now that I’m a mother, it’s heartwarming to see my children’s eyes light up as we read books together.
My wish for them is that they will continue on throughout the years with the same passion for the written word as they do now.
One of our favourites in the home, that is practically read every night is I’ll Love You Forever by Robert Munsch.
As the years progress and our literary appetites transition, one thing is for certain:
“Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
What I’m Currently Reading/on my Reading List:
- Some Kind of Fairy Tale by Graham Joyce *A CAC Fave!
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert
- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- Book of Ages: The Life and Opinions of Jane Franklin
- Lean In: women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg *This is one of my FAVOURITES right now!
I’ve got tons and tons in my home; a bookcase in almost every room in the house brimming with all sorts of books.
There is just something about the feel and smell of a real book that can not be replaced. Do you agree?
What are you reading?
One of the brands that represent and carry some of the best reads of all time, has always been Random House of Canada.
To learn more about them and explore their wonderful collection, please visit http://www.randomhouse.ca.
Courtesy of Random House of Canada, Day 12’s winner will win a fantastic collection of personally selected favourites.
The books include:
1. Provence 1970 by Luke Barr
2. Perfect by Rachel Joyce
3. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
4. Longbourn by Jo Baker
5. The Butler Speaks by Charles MacPherson
To enter, leave a comment telling me What your favourite book is of all time and why below.
Open to Canadian Residents only.
a Rafflecopter giveaway