Remember when I took you along during the holiday hustle on my shopping trip to Walmart to stock up on some food in prep for the holiday festivities and how much money I saved thanks to the Flipp App?
Buying groceries with my shopping BFF, the Flipp App 2.0, has been nothing short of amazing.
Not only am I able to compare prices between different shops around me and “clip” the items I need, but now the new 2.0 app allows me to create a shopping list to make it even more easier for me to save some dollars on my shopping trips.
If you don’t have it on your phone yet, I strongly urge you to download it and give it a shot.
It’s saved me time and money on my grocery trips and it also saves a few trees too since everything is done digitally (buh-bye bundles of paper flyers!)
With the winter chill and Spring peeking it’s lovely head, I thought what better way to channel Spring than with an indoor picnic?
I took to Flipp to help me prepare for my “Taste of Spring Indoor Picnic” with ease and literally while sitting on my couch, sipping on some tea and catching up on Supernatural re-runs on Netflix (Hello Winchester Brothers!).
A couple hours later, I was out the door with my shopping list ready to shop! Quick & Easy.
To learn more about the Flipp App or to download, visit them online at flippapp.com.
It was easy to create a fun indoor picnic with delicious picnic sandwiches (I’m sharing my recipe for a yummy Prosciutto and Grilled Eggplant Pesto Sandwich below) wrapped with brown paper wrapping(which I LOVE for crafting, wrapping and presentation purposes) tied with coloured Raffia , mason jars filled with refreshing detox water finished with vibrant spring green straws, fruits, cheese, complete with basket (and wine for the adults of course!)
Don’t forget the comfy picnic blanket for the floor!
Enjoy this recipe for a family favourite picnic sandwich loaded with prosciutto, roasted red peppers, grilled eggplant, pesto and mozzarella cheese!
- - Pesto Sauce (or you can make your own if you're feeling adventurous)
- - Ciabatta Buns (alternatively you can buy one large ciabatta loaf and then cut them into sections)
- - 1 red bell pepper
- - 1 eggplant, cut lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices
- - Olive oil
- - Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- - ½ lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thick slices
- - ⅓ lb sliced prosciutto
- 1) Preheat the grill to high. Grill the bell pepper, turning frequently, until blackened on all sides. Remove from the grill, place in a bowl, and cover tightly with plastic wrap for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, peel the skin from the pepper, rinse, pull out the stem and seeds, and cut into strips.
- 2) Brush the sliced eggplant with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill over medium-high until cooked through and slightly browned on both sides.
- 3) Spread the pesto on one of the pieces of bread.
- Layer on the prosciutto, roasted red peppers, mozzarella, and eggplant, and then sandwich the two pieces together.
- Press down on the sandwich, and then wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Weigh down with a heavy object and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- *With Ciabiatta buns, you can bypass the flatten and cooling stage as they're usually flatter than the loaves*
- 4) When ready to serve or pack, unwrap the sandwich and cut off the very ends and sides to make them even. Then, cut the sandwich into mini sandwiches.
- Wrap the sandwiches to keep them together while traveling, if necessary, and serve at room temperature.