My favourite Holiday is fast approaching and I thought I would start early at my decorating inside my home.
I wanted something fresh, festive yet elegant. So when I first laid my eyes on The Home Depot’s new beautiful Martha Stewart Collection of Holiday Décor, I knew right away which theme I wanted for my home.
The Home Depot recently introduced five brand new Holiday Collections from Martha Stewart:
- Winter Berry Collection: Timeless and classic with with a colour palette of Christmas red, champagne gold and chocolate brown.
- Arctic Holiday: An elegant, snow-covered Arctic theme with a fanciful colour palette of ice white, silver, gun metal and frosted blue.
- Celebrate: A stately and sophisticated play on the classics with this elegant, traditional palette of gold and brown with a touch holiday sparkle.
- Midnight Holiday: A modern twist on traditional favourites with a contemporary colour palette of chartreuse, gun metal and dusty navy.
- Metallic Woodland: Embellishing the classic forest theme with a metallic sheen and gold-luster and silver leaf finishes. Colour palette includes: copper, champagne, charcoal, warm silver and gold.
As beautiful as they all are, my contemporary yet elegant style gravitated very quickly towards the Arctic Theme.
I visited my local Home Depot to begin my holiday decor shopping and felt like a kid in a candy store!
Upon entering, the beauty of the season illuminated throughout with a line-up of The Home Depot’s newest collections including old favourites, lights, exterior decor pieces and artificial Christmas trees.
I really appreciated how they laid out all the decor items separating by theme which made it so much more easier to find the pieces you wanted.
The items I picked up for my Arctic Holiday Theme included:
- Shatter-Resistant Ornaments Silver And Blue 75 Pieces – 80mm ARV $34.95
- 3 Piece Set Christmas Tree Trim ARV $7.86
- 2 Silver Table Top Penguin, Assorted Selection – 12 Inch (Loved these!) ARV $12.98
- 17 Inch Silver Glitter Star Tree Topper (which I used atop my mantle as part of my mantle top decor) ARV $14.97
- 4 Stocking Hangers – 7 Inch (I got one for each member of my family!) ARV $9.95
- Owls Ornaments – White & Silver – 6 Piece ARV $7.82
- 6 Inch Silver Owl Tea Light Ceramic ARV $7.87
- Polyresin Solid Nutcracker, Silver/White-14 Inch ARV $12.88/each
And a few other decor pieces like large finial ornaments matching the theme and lots of silver and white sparkly picks. I personally love adding picks and flowers to my Christmas tree. It’s truly all in the details.
They add some pretty texture and glimmer to your tree and help it to really stand out.
Another thing you want to keep in mind when decorating your tree is to mix it up with the size and shapes of the ornaments. Do a mix of a big and small, finial and round, and of course, ornaments of sentimental value — those that you have collected over the years — you want to make sure you display those as well.
For the fireplace mantle, make sure to create a nice vignette — it is, after all, a visual work of art for you and your guests over the holidays and tells a story!
I love how my mantle turned out! What do you think?
The beautiful combination of silver, white and frosted blue couples so well with my white bookshelves and fireplace. We also had to purchase new throw pillows to fit in with the theme. Remember to take everything in the environment into consideration when decorating for the holidays.
And less is definitely more. You don’t want to overdue your decor either. Grab some key pieces and then add some little touches. A ton of large items or items of the same size and colour, would really throw everything off. Imagine if everything I put up was only silver… wouldn’t be as appealing would it?
When decorating our tree, we added a lot of new beautiful Arctic Holiday pieces but also coupled with personal ornaments that we have collected over the years that hold a special meaning to us.
Our tree topper Angel is one of them and thankfully she’s in white!
And what Christmas tree isn’t complete without a little train track?
We definitely had to pick up the Christmas Tree Train from The Home Depot as well for our little ones.
Instead of placing around the tree (which you can do), we opted to place on the floor around the tree. Not only was it enchanting and sweet, it also served as distraction away from our ornaments from a very curious toddler! Win-win!
Thank you to The Home Depot for helping us create more special and beautiful memories in our home this holiday season.
To view my shopping experience and more photos, enter hashtag #HDHolidays on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Are you excited to start decorating? Have you started already?
I’d love to know what your holiday decor inspiration is this year!
And here’s some more fantastic news! The Home Depot is being featured in my upcoming CAC 2013 Holiday Gift Guide;and also donating an awesome prize for the DIYer on your Christmas List!