If you’ve still got a few items left on your back-to-school shopping list or all done and ready, you may just want to add in a little extra space for these essential favourites!
Whether your child is starting pre-school or college, here are a few wonderful back-to-school items that we just love and think would be perfect for your eager scholar.
1) For your stylish little lady, Marshall’s carries tons of fashionable items including chic and comfortable bomber jackets that are very haute this season (and also a nice timeless staple piece in their wardrobe), including this Embroidered Bomber Jacket. $34.99 at Marshall’s locations.
2) These boots are made for walkin’, and the perfect completion to any hip little boy’s wardrobe. Get the Black Leather Desert Boot at Marshall’s locations for only $39.99.
3) Those creative minds will have a lot to think about this coming school year and will need some cool notebooks to jot everything they need down. Grab a variety of different styles at Winners for only $6!
4) Go for Gold and adorn their desk with this cute and lovely Office Supply Set (Set of 3) for only $12.99 at Winners. Functional and an instant stylish design upgrade for any students desk!
5) I can’t begin to tell you how important quality is when it comes to backpacks. With all the books, binders & more they carry throughout the school year, you want to ensure their backpacks can withstand it all including a comfortable fit.
MEC backpacks are always roomy with padded shoulder pads and made of quality material. They also include reflective details for better visibility of your child on early morns and evenings. These backpacks also ship for free!
MEC Junior Book Bag – Children to Youths
A roomy pack for carrying library books, lunch boxes, and overnight essentials. A padded sleeve in the main compartment cradles well-used books, tablets, or delicate works of art to be posted on the fridge. The shoulder straps and backpanel are padded for comfortable hauling to and from the bus, while the adjustable sternum strap features a whistle just in case.
- Clamshell zippered access makes for fast and easy packing when running late for the bus.
- Air mesh backpanel keeps cool in hot weather, and is lightly padded.
- Padded shoulder straps and removable waist belt provide comfort on bikerides or family walks through the forest.
- Zippered front pocket and interior organizer panel keep pencil crayons, erasers, and found treasure safe.
- Reflective details for visibility on early mornings.
Retail price: $47, available at http://www.mec.ca.
MEC Senior Book Bag – Unisex
A roomy bag for campus and all the activities that come with it. Slide your laptop into the integrated sleeve, stuff the main compartment with books and crossfit gear, and hit the road in comfort.
- Water-resistant polyester main fabric is DWR finished and PU coated.
- Zippered clamshell access to main compartment.
- Separate zippered access to sleeve, fits laptops up to 15in.
- Padded shoulder straps and backpanel for big textbook hauls.
- Height adjustable sternum strap with whistle buckle.
- Flat pocket in main compartment houses folders or files.
- 2 side mesh water bottle pockets.
- comes in a variety of unisex colours
Retail price: $57, available at http://www.mec.ca.
6) School studies can certainly put a toll on your child throughout the school year, especially when studying for major tests and finals. Keep them studying smarter with Saje’s QUICK STUDY Mental Alertness Mist.
Support optimal mental focus and concentration with this invigorating mist to help improve mental clarity and concentration whether you’re studying, working late or just need an energy boost.
Retail price: $9.99, available at saje,com or Saje retail stores.
7) One of the most essential back-to-school items that parents tend to forget about are labels. If there’s one thing motherhood taught me, especially when my children started school and sports was to label, label, label! And there are no better labels and tags than Mabel’s Labels. Exceptional staying power and cute designs!
Grab the classic best-selling, Ultimate Back-to-School combo, which includes all the durable, waterproof labels needed to keep your things out of the lost and found. Perfect for backpacks, lunch containers, clothes, pencil cases and so much more, these labels are a must have on your back-to-school shopping list!
- 40 Mini Custom Name Stickers: 38mm x 8mm (1-1/2″ x 5/16″)
- 50 Tag Mates™ Stick On Clothing Labels: 21mm x 10mm (13/16″ x 3/8″)
- 16 Custom Shoe Stickers (8 pairs): 33mm (1.3″)
- 2 Personalized Mini Tags: 30mm x 20mm (1-1/4″ x 3/4″)
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Retail price: $42, available at mabelslabels.com.
8) Don’t just grab any lunchbox, get the best and the best (in our opinion after multiple trials and errors) is PlanetBox. Easy, Eco, Safe (non-toxic, non-leaching, BPA-free), customizable and stress-free to clean (dishwasher-safe). Lunches stay fresher longer and built to last made with high quality stainless steel that is warrantied for 5 years.
For younger children, we love the Shuttle design lunchbox that comes with dipper. I also recommend you getting the matching Carry Bag for an additional $6.
Retail price: starts at $39.95, available at planetbox.com.
9) If you ask any kid, tween, teen or college student what they really want for back-to-school, they’re going to definitely say a pair of headphones. Save your dollars and space in their backpacks with these awesome Folding Headphones from Giant Tiger. Such an amazing deal you can grab one for everyone in the family!
- Dimensions: 22.9 cm x 19.1 cm x 8.9 cm (9 in. x 7.5 in. x 3.5 in.)
- Colour: Red, white, or grey
- Material: Metal
- Foladble headphones
- Comfortable design
- 40mm speakers
Retail price: $10, available at gianttiger.com or Giant Tiger locations.
Take their learning from school to home and back with these fun products parents of little ones will want to equip their young minds with in a fun and creative way!
10) If you’ve got a pre-schooler or kindergartener, the Touch & Learn Activity Desk Deluxe by VTech® is just what they need to prep for school!
The Touch & Learn Activity Desk Deluxe by VTech® is a three-in-one learning
desk with interactive activity cards that’s expandable for more learning fun! The
desk features an interactive desktop and five pages to explore that are filled with
engaging content including letters, numbers, music, colors and more. Choose
from eight expansion packs (each sold separately) that each focus on a specific
curriculum like nursery rhymes, reading skills, animals and numbers. It also
transforms from a desk into an easel and chalkboard with plenty of storage space
for art supplies to encourage natural play and learning. The LED display
illustrates letter and number stroke order and how to draw basic shapes. For even
more fun, your toddler can play with the toy telephone or listen to fun tunes on the
music player. Enjoy hours of fun with this creative and interactive learning system.
Also available in pink.
Age recommendation: 2 – 5 years
Retail Price: $79.99, Available at Toys “R” Us, Amazon, HBC, Indigo, Mastermind Toys, Walmart, and Loblaws.
11) Squeeze some Play-Doh creativity into your back-to-school shopping list! What kid doesn’t love playing with Play-Doh? Many of my kindergarten and junior school memories included the feeling and scent of Play-Doh. Now, they are taking it a step up with cool Shape & Learn Play-Doh sets like the Play-Doh Shape and Learn Make and Measure set — perfect for after-school learning fun! They have different educational sets including Learn Numbers and Counting, Letters and Language, Learn Textures & Tools and more!
Have you started or completed your back-to-school shopping list already? What items here do you think your child would love?
Wishing all the students and parents a successful first day back to school!