Yes, folks. It’s National Grilled Cheese Month and to celebrate we are making this delicious concoction below. Although this may not be the healthiest choice, well, who cares… look at it!
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 slices cheddar (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/2 apple, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
- 2 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces and cooked (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the apple, caramel sauce, bacon, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
Option: Serve with extra caramel sauce for dipping along with a few apple slices.