Trying to get a recipe on the dinner table that every single member of my family will eat and enjoy has become somewhat of a challenge these days.
My husband is thankfully not a picky eater but my kids can be, especially my toddler son and I am trying to avoid too many carbs so I try to find recipes that can accommodate my dietary needs as well.
Good ‘ol chicken. Always a winner with my family and in my kitchen.
What can’t you make with chicken?
This recipe for Chicken in a creamy lemon Sauce is not only a family favourite but it’s proven to win over the tummies of anybody that tries it.
The creamy lemon sauce alone is so good, I have to contain myself from drinking it!
The lemon isn’t overpowering but with just the right amount of zing making the sauce refreshing and decadent.
I usually serve this dish on top of a bed of spaghettini — it’s perfect with pasta!
But for myself, I like to enjoy it alone with a side of steamed broccoli or brown rice.
But like I warned you before, just try not to drink the sauce!
- 6 chicken thighs or chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 6 tablespoons butter - divided
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced and/or 2 cups of spinach
- flour, to dredge chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I pressed juice from 1 whole lemon)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- salt and pepper
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper, dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt remaining 3 tbs butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and saute 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter (keep warm).
- Add broth to skillet, scraping up browned bits. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced to approximately 3/4 cup.
- Stir in cream and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Stir in mushrooms, white pepper & salt to taste.
- Add chicken and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is a medium thick consistency.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- I omited the mushrooms in my dish and used spinach. You can do that or add both. Whatever you like! It won't change the flavour of the sauce at all.