I absolutely love the taste of seafood and flavour of fish/anchovies and I have a sickening love for pasta.
You put two and two together and you have a masterpiece!
The harmonization of the tuna with the sun-dried tomatoes and tomato flavour was just perfect.
And the great thing is that you’re sure to have most of these ingredients in your kitchen pantry.
Here is the recipe with photos of one of my favourite pasta dishes – Creamy Tomato Tuna Fettucini.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 350g fettuccine or spaghetti
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup (250ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 425g can tuna in oil, drained
- 3-4 pcs of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp capers, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper to taste
1) Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and toss with half the oil.
2) Heat remaining oil in a large frypan over medium heat, add onion and cook 2-3 minutes or until softened.
3) Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4) Stir in cream and tomato paste, add tuna and peas. Heat gently for 1-2 minutes.
5) Stir in half the parsley with the tomatoes and capers, add pasta and season.
Stir until just heated through. Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.