Thank goodness for guilt-free carbs!
Dempster’s® has recently come out with “the best THINS since sliced bread!”. Featuring their latest yummy creation, Dempster’s® Thins.
As part of their weight management product line, Dempster’s® brings you Thins in White, Brown and Multigrain Bread and Tortillas.
I enjoy brown and multigrain bread and they work well with specific kinds of sandwiches but my heart still belongs to white bread.
My daughter can sniff out the difference when making her sandwiches no matter what I do; she also loves white bread!
I say “Don’t fear the Carbs!” Well, I can say that now with Dempster’s® Thins products.
Try out these delicious sandwich favourites for you and your family with the new Dempster’s® Thins and enjoy some guilt-free carb-o-licious indulgence.
We love grilled cheese in our family, especially my daughter, but I wanted to create one that was hubby-friendly too!
A measly grilled cheese just will not cut it for him.
But I think I have just the thing…
… just add the Bacon! Duh!
No man can ever say NO to bacon. No women for that matter (you know I’m right, ladies).
BACON GUACAMOLE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 slices of Dempster’s® Thins Bread (any you like)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons pressed avocado
- 2 tablespoons crushed tortilla chips
1) Cook bacon until crispy; set aside.
2) Butter one side of each side of bread and place two slices in a heated skillet, butter side down.
3) Spread each bread slice with avocado then layer cheese, bacon and tortilla chips. Top each with one slice of remaining bread, butter side up.
4) Grill over medium heat, flipping once, until golden brown or until cheese is melted.
I’m a sucker for anything guacamole and bacon. Just saying.
And for something a little more light, and a great option for the kids, try out my Turkey & Tomato Panini. It’s all in the sauce!
TURKEY AND TOMATO PANINI
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 slices Dempster’s® Thins Bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli turkey
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
1) Heat up your Panini Press or if you don’t have one have four 15-ounce cans and a medium skillet (not nonstick) ready by the stove.
2) Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, Parmesan, basil, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mixture on each slice of bread.
3) Divide turkey and tomato slices among 4 slices of bread; top with the remaining bread.
4) Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 panini in the pan. Place the medium skillet on top of the panini, then weight it down with the cans. Cook the panini until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, flip the panini, replace the top skillet and cans, and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with another 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining panini.
To learn more about Dempster’s® Thins products visit them at: http://www.dempsters.ca/.
They’re also social and if you want to catch some great recipes and deals like coupons and contests, check them out on Facebook.
I’m giving away 2 sets of 4 Dempster’s® Coupons for you to try the new Dempster’s® Thins for yourself!
To win, simply leave a comment below telling me what your FAVOURITE SANDWICH is!
*Open to Canadians only.
Contest ends October 1st, 2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway