Give me a big bowl of fresh fruit every day and I’ll be satisfied forever. I am truly obsessed. You’ll be even more captivated after you try this refreshingly tasty fruit salad with a citrus honey dressing.
I think my love for fruits started when I was a toddler and would remember going apple-picking with my parents and savouring every slobbery, crisp bite. I relive the joy I felt when my dad picked me up as high as he could for me to grab the biggest and brightest apple on a high branch; the concern in each one that would fall to the ground, browning and ravaged with holes.
I keep forever the memory of me sitting next to my grandmother on the front porch, watching as she peeled clementines, the vivid bouquet of citrus filling the air. She would hand me piece by piece after she she took a bite of her own.
Combining juicy apples with tangy clementines and more delicious and healthy seasonal fruits along a sweet-citrusy syrup, you have the perfect marriage.
When you think of Winter, often a fruit salad is not really on the top of your craving list of foods. I think of comfort foods like a hearty stew or warm bowl of chowder. Mmm… I could go for a bowl of chicken and corn chowder right about now.
But first, shall we continue raving about this amazing salad?
This fruit salad is the perfect treat this winter, loaded with all the best fruits of Fall & Winter. What’s great is that it also lasts quite a bit in the refrigerator because the citrus from the citrus-honey dressing prevents browning. My family just loves this recipe and I always serve this for gatherings because everyone requests it. Refreshing with the perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavours in each bite.
Enjoy this guilt-free treat all year long!
- - 4-5 clementines, peeled and separated into segments
- - 2 pears, cored and sliced thinly
- - 2 apples, cored and sliced thinly
- - 1 large pomegranate
- - 4 kiwi's, peeled and sliced
- - 3 tbsp of honey
- - 2 Tbsp of fresh lime juice, from 1 medium lime
- - 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice, from 1 medium lemon
- 1) In a large mixing bowl, combine prepared fruit.
- 2) In a measuring cup, combine: 3 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp lime juice and 2 Tbsp of lemon juice, until honey is dissolved. I typically warm my honey up for 10 seconds before mixing so that it dissolves easily.
- 3) Drizzle dressing over salad and toss gently to combine. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate if not serving right away.