Today is a Monday and it was officially a “today is cancelled” kind of day. Or so I wish it was. I kept the kids home from school today as they were recovering from a cold virus and now I’m infected with the bug. While chugging down cold meds in questionable attire and even more questionable hair, I’m still balancing a laundry basket and my cup of coffee in my hands (I may be stuffy but there is no way I’m not having my morning cup of joe – I’m sick, not crazy). Hours after, I’m feeling a little better and now I’m starving and craving for something fried and fancy. Is that even possible?
One of my favourite snacks to whip up is my fried cauliflower bites. I keep frozen cauliflower florets in my freezer and make them in huge batches because they’re quite the hit around here. Coupled with some ranch or creamy buffalo dipping sauce and YUM! This is the only way I can get my 5-year-old to eat cauliflower willingly and happily. I also warn you in advance: these crunchy bites are addictive! You’ll polish an entire bowl of them before you can say cauliflower.
I wanted to try something new because I was feeling a little fancy in the kitchen today (those cold meds are magic, I tell ya!), so I decided to try the new Club House Organic Kung Pao Seasoning Mix I received from Influenster Canada.
I’m going to share with you my revered Fried Cauliflower Recipe and to create the delicious Kung Pao Cauliflower Bites, you simply mix the Club House Organic Kung Pro Seasoning Mix with some water in a sauce pan on low and allow to simmer for a few minutes then drizzle all over your fried cauliflower bites. Add some chopped green onion, some peanuts, combine and Ka-Pow! Or Kung-Pao! 🙂
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and broken into bite-size florets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- canola oil (for deep frying)
- 1 packet of Club House Kung Pao Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1) Preheat fryer oil to 375.
- 2) Place the beaten eggs, milk and salt in a shallow bowl.
- 3) In large ziplock bag, mix together flour, cheese, garlic powder, thyme, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
- 4) Place florets into egg mixture and coat.
- 5) Remove and place florets into flour mixture shake ziplock bag to coat well.
- 6) Fry in batches for 4 - 6 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7) Drain on paper towels and lightly salt.
- 8) In small sauce pan, combine Club House kung pao seasoning mix with water and simmer on low-med heat for 5 mins until sauce thickens.
- 9) Drizzle sauce over fried cauliflower, add the green onions and peanuts and combine.
- If you want to enjoy the fried cauliflower without the kung pao sauce, enjoy with ranch, marinara or buffalo dipping sauce.
Disclosure: Complimentary sample product was received in partnership with Influenster; however all opinions expressed are entirely those of the author.