Get ready to Mex-it-up!
For the adults, we enjoy La Bamba or Desperado.
My husband and I sometimes like to dance around and the kids like to dance along! It’s always a good time.
Ever since the school year started, my schedule has changed drastically and a little kitchen dancing can be such a nice stress-reliever. But easy, quick-to-make, delicious and filling meals is what matters the utmost to me, especially now more than ever.
As you already know, I am a big fan (and brand ambassador) for Old El Paso (Check out my recipe for Mini Tex-Mex Meatloaf!), as I find their quality of products always make for a variety of swift and tasty recipes.
There are some days when tacos just won’t cut it and I want to provide my family with something new and delicious at the table for Mexi-Mondays. Mondays are one of my busiest (4 cups of coffee…) kind of days, but I love how easy this recipe is to make.
Are you a fan of Lasagna? How about Chicken?
Then you will LOVE my Chicken Tortilla Lasagna!
This is a kind of meal that will surely have you dancing to the dining table.
CHICKEN TORTILLA LASAGNA
Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
Yields: 4-6 hearty servings
– Olive Oil or Canola Oil (or whatever oil you prefer to cook the chicken in)
– 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
– Medium-sized onion, chopped
– 1 pack of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
– Package of large Flour Tortillas (or whole wheat – I like Dempster’s Tortillas!)
– 2 cups of Old El Paso Salsa (Mild if you’re eating with small children)
– 1 1/2 cups of Old El Paso Refried Beans
– 2 cups of sour cream
– 1 cup of guacamole
– 1 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese
– chopped fresh cilantro
1) Rub the OEP Taco Seasoning all over your chicken breasts
2) At medium heat, heat some oil in a frying skillet, cook the onions until transparent and then add in and cook your chicken breasts
3) While your chicken is cooking, make your sauce combining the salsa, refried beans, sour cream and guacamole (yummy!)
4) Once chicken is cooked and cooled, shred and put into a bowl
5) Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees celcius.
6) Arrange your Tortillas on a lightly oiled flat baking sheet and then create your lasagna in the following order:
d) and Repeat!
7) Usually I have up to 3 stacks of Tortillas in the middle and top off with 4th Tortilla and lots and lots of Cheddar Cheese.
Pop into the Oven and bake for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbling.
Let sit out to stiffen for 15 minutes then cut into triangular pieces.
Serve with a nice dollop of sour cream and top with some cilantro. I also like to include some of the special sauce on the side as well.
This is yet another example of the delicious meals you can create using Old El Paso products.
Feel free to follow Old El Paso Canada on Facebook or Old El Paso Ambassadors for more great recipes at hashtag #youmexiCAN on Twitter and Facebook.
To help you Mex-up your dinner routine, I am giving away an Old El Paso Prize Pack worth $75!
1) Leave a comment below telling me what your favourite Mexican dish is
2) Submit via rafflecopter plus chances for additional entries
Open to Canadian Residents only.
Winner will be randomly selected on October 1st, 2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway