We all have those days, you know, the ones when everything just seems to not be going right, problem after problem.
And to top it off, you’re faced with a little one that doesn’t comprehend the meaning of “Mommy just needs a little bit of time alone, please.” and perhaps even friends, family or a boss or client that is breathing down your back with deadlines or must-do’s.
Well, add that to the already manic Monday and you’ve got some serious Monday Blah’s.
Today just happens to be one of those days for me. *big sigh*
How do you cope with it?
A few of the things that I’ve learned help me quite a bit especially when I just need to gain some composure and get myself together are:
– listening to some calm music (no head-banging, base-pumping stuff – unless LMFAO music might do the trick for some “Party Rockin’ in the house tonight”)
– sitting for a few minutes and taking deep breaths. Breathing really helps when you’re under a lot of stress.
– Giving your little one some hugs and kisses (and vice versa!). They say this really helps boost your happy hormones when the bad ones have overtaken your body like an alien invasion.
– Talking to your husband/partner, or close family or friend. Getting all the crap out of your head and confiding in someone that understands you and really listens is always God-send.
– Take a walk or step outside for some fresh air and take in the beautiful environment
– Pray. Prayer always helps me. Knowing that sometimes I can’t always be in full control over situations and handing it over to God to take care of. 9 out of 10 times it does the trick in making me feel less suffocated.
– Indulge in a nice treat. Okay, I’m not saying to take out your package of brownies or chips and eat your cares away, but even just a little something yummy will always bring on some good vibes.
– Lie down for a bit (even if you have to turn on that movie or tv show for the little one to watch while you do so). This will help lower your blood pressure, clear your mind and give you time to relax for a little bit.
– Get Pin-happy! I’m talking Pinterest, folks. You know exactly what I mean. The beautiful imagery and fun photographs will be sure to get your mind out of the gutter for a bit. Just what you need.
Doing either one of these always eases my Monday blah’s almost instantly and pushes me back in the right direction so I can get on with my day!
Because God knows that time-is-a-wastin’ and there’s stuff this mama needs to get done. 😉