Welcome to the Monster Jam Tour, an incredible family-friendly experience starring the biggest performers on four wheels: Monster Jam monster trucks.
These twelve-feet-tall, ten-thousand-pound machines will bring you to your feet, racing and ripping up a custom-designed track full of obstacles to soar over – OR smash through.
Monster Jam provides a massive night’s entertainment tailored perfectly for your family’s budget, and these colourful, larger-than-life beasts are sure to capture the hearts of both young and old.
Event Highlights & Fun Facts:
- At Monster Jam, monster trucks face off in two different forms of competition — side-by-side racing and freestyle:
- Side-by-side racing – traditional bracket racing, where the first truck, with the least amount of penalties, crosses the finish line is declared the winner.
- Freestyle competition – allows drivers a limited amount of time on the open floor to show off their skills. In this category, the fans serve as the judges.
- 2007 was the 25 year anniversary for the Grave Digger Team
- More than 4 million Monster Jam fans attend events each year worldwide
- The World Finals in Las Vegas, NV brings 24 of the top trucks in the world to compete for the World Freestyle and Racing Championships. Competitors are by invitation only.
- A monster truck race team will travel 45,000 Miles / 72,400 kilometers a year by land to attend events.
- Typical monster trucks cost $600,000 yearly to build, staff, compete, transport and maintain on the Monster Jam tour.
- Steel body full-size cars are the vehicles typically crushed during a monster truck event.
- Cars, as well as vans, buses, motor homes, airplanes and ambulances, are attained from local junkyards and returned after each event.
- Average number of cars crushed per year: 3,000.
Grave Digger and his massive sidekicks will be smashing their way into Toronto at the Rogers Centre on the weekend of January 16-17, 2016. To learn more and purchase tickets, visit them online here.
Visit the official show website at http://www.monsterjamcanada.ca and on Facebook and Twitter @monsterjam. Don’t forget the event hashtag at #monsterjam!
Looking for something fun to do with your kids to build up their excitement before the show? Download this Monster Jam Activity Packet here.
Courtesy of my friends at Feld Entertainment, one family will win a family pack consisting of 4 tickets to see Monster Jam’s opening show at the Rogers Centre in Toronto on Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 7pm!
*Contest Ends December 31, 2015.
Monster Jam in Toronto Giveaway