Whipping up dinner every evening is near impossible with my current schedule. Sure I’m home, but I have a baby, a pre-schooler, and I work from home as well which makes for much shorter days!
This is one super easy recipe that I make that my family enjoys and always requests — Tasty Pork Chops!
With only a few simple ingredients, it’ll taste like you slaved over this dish, when really it took you minutes.
All you will need for this recipe are pork chops (bone in or not – doesn’t really matter), canola oil, flour, water (or milk) and seasonings.
Just adding a little kick to your typical pork chop dinner.
QUICK & EASY TASTY PORK CHOPS
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 small-medium sized pork chops (bone in or out) or 2 medium-large pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- water (Milk or Buttermilk can be substituted)
- canola oil, for frying
1) Mix dry ingredients in a resealable bag (Ziplock)
2) Rinse pork chops under running water. Toss them into a ziplock bag and shake, to coat well.
3) In a cast iron skillet, cook chops in enough oil to come 1/2 way up the side of the chops, for example – 1 inch chops need 1/2 an inch of oil, on medium high heat for approximately 4 minutes each side, until golden brown.
4) For the last 30 seconds of cooking the second side, increase heat to high, to cook the grease out of it.
5) Blot on paper towels before serving.
I usually serve this with either brown or white rice, broccoli florets or green beans and sweet potato.
Very yummy! Enjoy!