Can you believe that we are only 2 weeks away from Christmas?
With that comes the abundance of holiday prepping which includes lots of time spent in the kitchen baking up delicious goodies and very importantly organization! I would be completely lost without some organization around here during such a hustling time of the year.
Now that my daughter has started school, I have now been introduced to the world of bake sales and holiday parties. Recently I received the new Brother P-Touch Label Maker (I already have the Brother Business Smart All-in-One Inkjet Printer and love it!) and found this the best time to utilize my new favourite device!
What I love about this label-maker is how easy it is to use; it does take some time playing around with it to fully grasp all the great features (and there are many!) but once you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll find it to be such a fantastic tool for organization. I am now labeling everything I see! I’ve gone label-crazy!
They have a lot of different font features, including fun designs and images to include in your labels. And once your label is ready, simply print and cut!
With the amount of cookies I recently baked for my daughter’s school bake sale with funds going to the Typhoon Haiyan Relief Aid, taking into consideration that there will be people that would like to know what ingredients are in the bake sale goodies (I know I like to know when buying treats for the family) especially with those that have different allergies — I made sure that my labels included every single ingredient in each of my creations.
As soon as the holiday decor comes down in the new year, I will surely make great use of my new label-maker by labeling what’s in what — I often get confused where all my decor is come next year. Where are my ornaments? I’m missing the tree skirt! What happened to my Tree Angel? That won’t be the case next year since I’ll be labeling everything!
Here are some other great uses of the Brother P-Touch Label Maker to help you get organized this season and New Year.
In the kitchen:
- Label all your holiday baking supplies so you’re never caught confusing cinnamon and nutmeg again (56 per cent of Canadians think that labelling would help them better organize their holiday baking supplies)
- Label containers of homemade holiday treats stored in the freezer so you can have them ready for guests… both expected and surprise
- Organize containers of holiday wrap, ribbon and bows by colour and type so you can easily identify the perfect packaging for your gifts
- Place indoor and outdoor lights in separate, clear storage boxes and clearly label the area of your home they are used for – making decorating a cinch!
- Make gift tags – perfect for Secret Santa to disguise your handwriting – and avoid confusion about which gift belongs to whom (56 per cent agree labelling would help prevent mix-ups with gifts)
- Create elegant name cards for each place setting at dinner parties
- Help guests differentiate between Brie and Camembert by labelling each variety on your cheese plate with festive ceramic picks or create “flags” with red and green toothpicks
After all the gifts are unwrapped and the festivities wind down, there’s an opportunity to clear the clutter in your home and get ready for a fresh new year. Canadians agree: 64 per cent say that a labeller would help them get organized after the holidays. Focus on areas of your home that need a little TLC like the junk drawer, front closet, the kids’ playroom, basement and tool shed. Put things away neatly in containers or boxes, organized by type/size/purpose, and use the Brother P-touch labeller to clearly mark the contents – making your home organized and tidy.
To help you get organized for the New Year, I am giving away one Brother P-Touch PT-D200 Label Maker to one of my readers!
- Leave a comment below telling me what you would use your new label-maker on
- Enter via rafflecopter below for additional entries
Contest open to Canadian Residents only.
Ends December 30th, 2013.
a Rafflecopter giveaway