I have never used a ramekin before I received this gorgeous set of Ramekins from All-Clad.
At first I was like: “What’s a ramekin? And what can I make with this?‘
And then I scoured the net only to find an array of amazing dishes created from these cute little things.
Where has this been all my life?!
At first attempt to break in my new ramekins I attempted a chocolate soufflé… that was a total souFAIL!
Hey, at least it tasted good.
So I kept the hope alive and instead of going the easy route and whipping up an easy soup dish, the following day tried an easy to make Frittata with all the ingredients I currently have in my kitchen — winner, winner, chicken dinner!
Doesn’t that look scrumptious?
The ramekin made it so easy to make this and what I loved the best is that it cooked it so perfectly inside and out. With dishes like this it’s usually more cooked on the outside than the inside but with my new All-Clad Ramekins, the frittata was cooked just right.
So with imagination and a few ingredients, you are able to whip up pretty much anything your heart desires inside a ramekin. I love it!
I found some leftover roast chicken in the fridge along with the rest of the ingredients to this recipe including my favourite combo, broccoli and cheese, and whipped up this delicious recipe!
For more information on All-Clad Ramekins and other products, visit them at: http://www.all-clad.ca.
Chicken Broccoli Cheese Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of chopped or shredded chicken (breasts or thighs – your preference)
- 1/4 cup diced broccoli
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, jack cheese, etc.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly spray either two 1/2 QT. or 4 regular sized ramekins.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs with whipping cream, fold in chicken, broccoli, onions and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture evenly in each dish.
- Place frittatas into cold oven, then set for 350 degrees. Allow to cook 50 minutes to and hour. Mixture should be set with the tops puffy and lightly browned.
Yields 2 Servings
Serving Size = 1 frittata