My daughter recently started private swimming lessons and on top of that, we are trying to squeeze in as much as we possibly can until the school year starts. Days are shorter yet filled with tons of fun and activity.
And me, my friend, I am exhausted come dinner time.
Can you relate?
One of my favourite salads ever is Cobb Salad, a filling and yummy mix of fresh crispy lettuce, tasty ham, boiled eggs, creamy avocado, bacon, crumbled goat (or blue) cheese and plump cherry tomatoes. It’s a very hearty salad sure to keep you full, satisfied and loaded with energy!
I like to keep the fun in meals, especially with little ones, so I turned things inside-out with this fun twist on the traditional Cobb salad. It’s not only a great idea for lunch or light dinner, but it’s great for entertaining guests, perfect for summer and it takes only 15 minutes!
I love buying a Maple Leaf® Country Kitchen® Smoked Ham and cutting up thin slices and also chopped pieces and storing in tupperware for any quick meals. And we also always have deli meats in our fridge for sandwiches including Schneiders Country Naturals Baked Ham (my kids love ham!). Using any of these two, you can create this yummy recipe or an abundant of other recipes — the sky’s the limit! You can make so much with ham!
- 8 slices Schneiders Country Naturals Baked Ham or Maple Leaf® Country Kitchen® Smoked Ham, thinly sliced
- 2 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 large eggs, hard-cooked, chopped
- 1/2 small avocado, chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 ounces blue or goat cheese, crumbled
- Leaf lettuce, or romaine
- 1) Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a medium bowl. Fold in eggs, avocado, tomato, blue cheese and bacon until combined. Set aside.
- 2) Layer each ham slice with some of the lettuce. Place a heaping tablespoon of the egg mixture at one end of each slice.
- 3) Starting at the end with the filling, roll up each ham slice. Secure with a wooden pick and serve!
Learn more about the delicious HAM products with Maple Leaf® and Schneiders.
You can also get more delicious and quick #dinnerin15 recipe inspiration over at Appehtite here.