Tis’ the season… that mama gets her hands on the new Toshiba Tablet!
Social Networking site for Women, She’s Connected, partnered with Toshiba Canada to gather 44 wonderful (and lucky) bloggers (including moi) to talk about their honest experience testing out either the Toshiba Tablet or Toshiba 3D HDTV at their local Authorized Retailer on behalf of Toshiba’s Holiday Heroes Campaign.
Thank you, Shes Connected and Toshiba Canada for allowing me to take part in this wonderful opportunity.
Let me be honest with you. I’m pretty up there with the new technology but I have not tried out a tablet yet so I was very, very curious.
My husband and I are also on the lookout for a new TV to add to our new home, so we were a tad disappointed to find that not one Best Buy or Future Shop near us carried a Toshiba 3D HDTV (we’ll keep our eyes peeled!)
We headed to Future shop and tested out the 16GB Toshiba Tablet.
The first thing we noticed was how smooth the Android Operating System was and how nice the graphics were.
Here are some Pros:
- The graphics were very good
- Good screen resolution
- The touch is very responsive
- Build quality of the casing is good
- There’s a cover for the main connections which is good for protection
- Full HDMI makes it convenient to connect to an external monitor such as HDTV
- Full USB gives it accessibility to thumb drives or connecting to a laptop
- Swapable back cover (6 different colours)
- Pricing is very competitive (especially the 16GB model)
- Battery is easily accessible and easy to replace. *This is very important for power users*
As much as we enjoyed the Toshiba Tablet, here are a few cons we found:
- Dimensions are too bulky and heaviest out of all other tablets (this may also be a pro because it can take rough handling!)
- The style may be too rugged for some (it all depends on your style preference)
So in conclusion, aside from the bulkiness and rugged appeal of the Toshiba Tablet, the solid functionality and connectivity such as Full HDMI, Full SD Memory Card and USB, make it just as good as it’s more popular competitors. It offers more bang for your buck with features it’s competitors don’t have! Given the current price point, it makes it even more appealing to the budget-conscious buyer.
Would I want it for myself? Definitely!
For more information on the Toshiba Tablet, please visit: http://www.toshiba.ca.
Disclaimer: I am participating in the Toshiba Brand Ambassador Program by ShesConnected.
I received a Toshiba Camileo in exchange for my participation in this campaign.
The opinions on this blog are my own.