Last month I was introduced to Skintimate’s latest new flavour in their Skintimate® Signature Scents® shaving gel line-up with the Skintimate® Mandarin Burst Moisturizing Shave Gel. I absolutely LOVED the scent! It isn’t overbearing and the citrus smell is just lovely. I’m partial to citrus-based perfumes so this was a winner for me. I admit that I usually use a little bit of conditioner to shave my legs (that’s my secret tip!) because it really helps avoid nicks and provides a smooth shave. Of course you must have a good razor too, ladies! Get rid of your old ones every couple months (or less if you use it a lot) and always replace the razor heads. It’s also important because bacteria grows on them as well which can cause rashes or skin irritations.
Check out my thoughts on the new Skintimate® Signature Scents® Mandarin Burst Shave Gel here. I also gave some of my readers the chance to try it out for themselves and provide their honest opinions. One thing I adore about my readers is how HONEST they are! They will certainly not sugar-coat anything and ensure they are speaking nothing but the truth.
So what did they think about the Skintimate® Signature Scents® Mandarin Burst Shave Gel?
Yay or Nay?
1) “First thing I noticed was the bright container that would likely catch my eye on a shelf. When I used it the gel was quick to lather and I enjoyed the citrusy smell that reminded me of summer. It rinsed of easy and I did not feel a slippery residue. I found it provided a close shave and it even passed the boyfriend test for smoothness and softness – however he felt the smell reminded him of wood cleaner. The biggest benefit I found was the minimal amount of gel I had to use in order to get a full lather. I did not need to reapply or add water like I have had to do with the generic brand I currently use.
After 1 hour of use, I did notice my skin appears slightly dry.”
2) “First thing I notice was the smell not over powering, but a nice citrus smell.
I used a little and got a lot of use from a small dab, it lathers very nice, and there was no red irritation, after use. I used a od razor and it did a great job.
My legs felt smooth and soft and moisturized, and the next day they still felt the same as if I had just used it. I will be buying this again, will be my new favorite shave gel.”
3) “I actually had two of us testing it out my 13 year old daughter has just recently started to shave. we both found the scent was beautiful you could really smell a citrus scent we loved that. After trying this it left a really clean shave and our legs were so soft. I am really impressed with this product and will be buying this scent from now on.”
4) “In the last little while, I’d gotten away from using shave gels and had been opting just to use the body wash already in my shower. The first thing that stuck with me about the Skintimate Mandarin Burst was the scent. My whole bathroom smelled like I had just peeled a fresh mandarin, and it was absolutely fantastic! While scent alone isn’t something that would have me sold 100%, I found the shaving to be much more effortless compared to using just body wash. After being out of the shower for a while, I also noticed that my skin was no longer extremely dry as it had been due to the cold, cold winter.
Overall, I would definitely buy this Skintimate shave gel again (and again). It smells fantastic, works well and is a great cure for winter skin dryness.”
5) “I would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to try the Mandarin Burst shave gel.
I actually had a bridal shower to go to and I tried this new scent for the first time during the weekend.
It’s amazing I tell you. I love the smell and it’s really addictive.
I use lemons already for my daily skincare routine, so this new scent is actually far by one of my favourite because it’s made of oranges and lemons.
It was easy to use. You just need a little pump and it’s good to go because the gel forms a thick lather.
The gel was really soft and thus it left my skin really smooth. Did I forget to mention some of my friends kept touching my legs at the bridal shower.
I currently use the Tropical Splash (blue flavour) and I would definitely use the Mandarin Burst scent flavour in the future. Got to love the fresh smell.”
6) “I was extremely excited about reviewing this product featured on this blog.
After this long winter, I was looking forward to wearing sundresses and sunscreens. That meant I had to work on getting rid of that winter fat, and shaving my legs.
In the past, I just used a razor with soap, which left my skin a little rough, and not to mention all that cuts with multiple strokes to get those thick hair almost every time. I also have allergic tendencies, so I have to be careful whenever I use new products.
But I am so glad that I signed up for this, as I was thinking to try out a new product this season.
I received the Skintimate shave gel in Mandarin fragrance, and totally loved it!
I had to use only a small amount to get the whole side of the leg done. It did not leave my skin dry afterwards which is a big concern for me, and that is because of the olive oil I suppose.
It made shaving much easier , did not clog my razor, and got the job done much quicker. The best aspect so far was that the hair did not grow back faster after using it.
I am thrilled to buy it in the stores now, and try the other scents too. The fact they do not test on animals is a reason enough for me to be a loyal customer to them now.
Thank you so much for letting me review Skintimate shave gel, I cannot wait to spring forward with it!”
7) “This shave gel made my skin gloriously smooth and it reduced sensitivity, reactions and ingrowns. Plus it left a really nice scent on my skin. I am definitely adding shave gel back into my shower routine!”
The Skintimate® Signature Scents® Mandarin Burst Shave Gel was definitely a BIG YAY for my readers so I’m totally confident you will love it too!
The weather is getting warmer and shorts and skirts will be among us which means perfectly shaven and smooth skin! Nick the nicks and get that added moisture with the Skintimate® Shaving Gel collection!
Disclosure: I received perks for my honest review of this product and reviewers received full samples; however all opinions expressed are entirely our own.